For an internationally renowned Design and Naval Architecture office in the Amsterdam area, we are looking for a Design Engineer. The order book of this Design office is growing, and for this reason there is a vacancy for an experienced professional who is able to create complex construction drawings.
As the Design Engineer, you are part of a multidisciplinary team and you work on a big range of projects from small crafts to mega yachts of approximately 80 meters.
You are responsible for creating the complete shipbuilding construction drawings up to cutting files, making basic and detail mechanical engineering drawings and creating complex 3D models according to drawing and sketches.
Furthermore, the Design Engineer has the following tasks:
- Creating production & construction drawings and detail engineering in CAD for a big range of crafts and yachts;
- Making basic calculations related to structure and construction of the yachts;
- As a Design Engineer you executre the projects in close cooperation with other disciplines and in respect of the deadlines;
- Work in informal & dynamic work environment within a passionate yacht building team.
As Design Engineer you meet the following requirements:
- BSc. or higher in Marine Engineering or equivalent;
- Proven 5 years experience and responsibility as Design Engineer in the field of engineering for the ship- or yacht building sector;
- Expertise in CAD and/or other relevant software;
- Familiarity with classification societies, rules and regulations;
- Ability to make basic shipbuilding calculations;
- Excellent communication skills, proactive and strong team player;
- Can-do mentality, flexible, responsible for workflow and deadlines;
- Fluency in English language, knowledge of Dutch is considered a plus;
- Living in – or willing to relocate to Netherlands for a short period of time.
Our client is a Design & Architectural Office in the area of Amsterdam specialized in the engineering of Yachts ranging from small crafts up to 80m.