For a renowned Dutch Yacht Builder, we are looking for a Basic Design Engineer with great experience with FEM calculations.
As Basic Design Engineer you will make structural calculations from shipbuilding construction, arrangements and strength and stiffness calculations according to class society requirements. You are a team-player collaborating with different engineering disciplines, result driven and excellent communicator. As a Basic Design Engineer you think out of the box to find new solutions.
Furthermore, as a Basic Design Engineer you:
- You will be drafting and checking designs according to class society requirements;
- Perform FEM calculations;
- You will apply physical models regarding construction, load and material;
- Performing different calculations (strength, stiffness, vibrations, buckling, fatigue, weight, producibility, maintainability, etc.)
As a Basic Design Engineer you have:
- MBO / HBO education with a specialization in Mechanical engineering or Naval Architect;
- At least 3 years of experience in shipbuilding / yacht building and the various parts of the construction process;
- Good computer skills, in particular CAD drawing package, NUPAS or Catia;
- As Basic Design Engineer you have great experience with FEM calculations such as ANSYS, NX or FEMAP;
- Good social and communication skills, so that you can collaborate with colleagues inside and outside your own discipline;
- Creative and solution-oriented;
- You speak good Dutch and English.
Our client is a privately owned company with a excellent prospect and successful philosophy.